To be the platform for Digital Finance professionals to influence policy and product innovations that foster better Financial Inclusion as a key enabler for social economic transformation.
To engage and nurture digital Finance Development and facilitate collaboration among its professionals.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Passion – We are passionate about Digital and its importance.
- Innovation – We provide real time solutions.
- Unity – We seek to build successful partnerships in pursuit of common goals.
- Professionalism – We hold the zeal, credibility and drive to deliver beyond expectations.
- Respect – We demonstrate integrate and respect in everything we do.
- To promote and advocate for digital finance awareness and innovation to transform society.
- To influence policy in relation to digital financial services.
- Encourage and maintain professional cooperation and Exchange between members of the Association and members of other professional associations in Uganda and other stakeholders in the digital finance space
To operate and arrange training programs and award professional qualifications in the Field of Digital Financial Services as well as accredit professionals in the service of digital finance in Uganda and provide a self-regulation platform for the practice in Uganda.
The advancement and protection of the occupational and professional interest of members of the Association in relation to their service to the financial services industry
We are proud to have achieved the following:
Held events such as:
- Digital coffee place discussion which led to reduction of the proposed mobile money tax in Uganda
- A debate on Mobile money financial inclusion Vs Financial exploitation
- Engaging with youth entrepreneurs at the Innovation village
- Held a conference on Regulation and Innovation in driving Financial inclusion.
- Hosted a webinar with FSD Uganda and Fintechs on Government t Lock down and Digital Service delivery- Case of SMEs.
- Hosted a webinar on The new normal – Regulatory Flexibility and Innovation in DFS.
- GM and AGM for the association and its members
DFA have also been invited to participate at the following events:
- African Fintech Festival, in the Agri-Tech Panel and Beyond Payments panel.
- dfcu Bank Uganda for a panel discussion – Beyond the crisis: Long term Digital solutions for Investment clubs.
PLANS FOR THE NEXT 6 – 12 MONTHS
- To facilitate webinars, Digital coffee place sessions
- Hold an AGM and promote the Association.
- Provide coaching and mentoring sessions
- Increase our membership base and reach through recruitment drives and social media campaigns.