Shomoul is on a mission to democratize finance and leave no one in Sudan without access to affordable, accessible, easy to understand and fair financial instruments and services.
Shomoul’s core objective is to support the growth of FinTech as a driver for financial inclusion in Sudan, and to connect all stakeholders with the growing global FinTech ecosystem.
- Capacity Building; including training, certification and webinars
- Research and Case Studies
- Policy Advocacy
- Regulatory Sandboxing
- Mentoring and coaching
- Women Empowerment
- Partnerships with similar and relevant institutes
Over the last year, Shomoul:
- Held webinars on regular basis and hosting individual experts and prestigious corporations such as CGAP and IFC, discussing topics relating to digital finance
- Has been invited to and participated in roundtable discussions with government agencies
- Was requested to present/contribute to the following events:
– Africa Bank Summit, 2nd and 4th editions.
– Arab Blockchain Week
– OROOMA Conference (a local event to support youth).
- Has cooperated with DFI to train a number of professionals from the Central Bank of Sudan, commercial banks, telecom and Development sector.
PLANS FOR THE NEXT 6 – 12 MONTHS
Our plan of activities include:
- Conduct a case study on Mobile Money in Sudan
- Organize a conference for Digital Finance in Sudan.
- On-board more FinTech companies and individual members.
- Engage more in discussions with government and development agencies.Finalize a partnership with a local start-up incubator