Association of Digital Finance, FinTech and Inclusion professionals Bangladesh. Practitioners, policymakers, researchers, academics and other stakeholders are welcome to join and contribute to achieve the goals of the association
- To produce, provide and disseminate information on current research and practice in digital finance on a non-profit basis.
- To train, build expertise, increase learning and expand the general pool of professional skilled in digital finance.
- To promote, advocate and raise awareness of digital finance and related issues.
- To act as a representative voice of its members and make representation to national and international bodies on digital finance in Bangladesh.
- To force strategic alliances with relevant agencies nationally and internationally, and work collaboratively together with other organisations to promote and advance digital finance.
- To collect and disseminate of statistical and other information relating to digital finance and take all steps as may be deemed expedient, whether solely or in concert with others, to raise and encourage funding for digital finance.
- To provide a common forum for the development and coordination of digital finance strategies nationally and internationally.
- To improve marketing, management and efficiency of digital finance by increasing access to technology, technical assistance, and developing awareness among digital finance professionals.
Digital Finance Forum Bangladesh have held many webinars during 2020-21, including:
- Data Sharing in Financial Services: Unlocking real Benefits in Fintech Industry” organized jointly with a2i Programme, ICT Division and The Business Standard
- Fintech Innovation Talk: Digital Credit Scoring – Financing the Underbanked
- Fintech Innovation Talk: Open Banking API- Banking of the Future
- FinTech Innovation Talk: Telecom Data for Alternative Credit Scoring
- Trend of Mobile Money in Bangladesh
- Digital Banking- What’s the Future?
- StartUp Investment in Bangladesh
- Digital Identity for Digital Economy
- e-KYC & Digital Financial Services
- Monetary Policy for Covid-19 Economic Recovery
- Prospect of Blockchain Finance
- Six-part webinar series “Digital Credit for Covid-19 Economic Recovery” jointly organized with a2i Programme, ICT Division during June-July 2020, with the aim to influence policy and practice around digital credit from the learnings
A third chapter of the Digital Finance Forum was also opened in Bangladesh Bank. This adds to the two other chapters, which are city-based chapters in Dhaka and Chattogram.
Digital Finance Forum Bangladesh have been invited to attend Government meetings and workshops, such as discussions on introducing a unique business identification number, strategies to face the challenges of the fourth industrial revolution, and a workshop for financial service providers.
PLANS FOR THE NEXT 6 – 12 MONTHS
Key aims are:
- Continue to develop the third chapter of Digital Finance Forum in Bangladesh Bank, the central bank
- Advocacy for regulation and guidelines on digital credit, using the policy notes developed from the webinar series
- Run further webinars on topics such as payment system governance
- Facilitate a focused webinar/session on Digital ID and from this, develop a proposed policy paper
- Facilitate a Fintech Innovation Talk show to promote innovation by local companies and awareness of stakeholders
Telephone: +880 555 5555
Good Luck Centre | 151, Green Rd, 6th floor,
Dhaka, 1205, Bangladesh