The vision of the Association of Ethiopian Digital Finance Practitioners (AEDFP) is to be an innovative network providing value added services in building the capacity of digital finance practitioners in Ethiopia.
To enhance the capacity of Digital Finance Practitioners through technical assistance, human development, knowledge management, research, networking and advocating the digital Finance with cooperation of practitioners and key stakeholders
The vision of Association of Ethiopian Digital Finance Practitioners (AEDFP) is to be an innovative network providing value added services in building the capacity of digital finance practitioners in Ethiopia.
AEDFP aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Promotion of professional standards through training, experience sharing and technical assistance
- Develop clear understanding on the importance of Digital Finance to the general public at large through creation of forums and media outlets
- Advocate for the microfinance industry in all media at the national and international level
- Influence national policy and the regulatory environment to facilitate the development of Digital Finance
- Monitor and improve the performance of members
- Facilitate networking, collaboration and information sharing nationally and internationally
License obtained on November 12, 2021
The association have produced papers and hosted discussions on the following topics:
Vision for national identity in Ethiopia
Article Intelligence and start-ups in middle and low income countries
Challenges and prospects of Digital Finance in Ethiopia
How policy and regulation is impacting MFIs in Ethiopia
Ethiopia’s Digital Economy
PLANS FOR THE NEXT 6 – 12 MONTHS
Key aims are:
- Bring together and capacity build the Ethiopian Digital Finance Community at various events across the year including a national event, webinars, meetings and hosting Community of Practice Meetings for Digital Frontiers Institute.
- Promote the association with the aim of increasing membership and awareness.